Box miniatures for Box Game

Questions, updates, free products for Saganami Island Tactical Simulator

Box miniatures for Box Game

Postby sam_admin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 pm

The 4 sheets of box miniatures are attached. THESE WILL NOT BE THE SAME QUALITY AS PURCHASED BOX MINIATURES BECAUSE OF THE LIMITS OF HOME PRINTERS

Box Minis SITS A_D.pdf
(13.38 MiB) Downloaded 633 times
sam_admin
Site Admin

Re: Box miniatures for Box Game

Postby djpeterso23662 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Thank you VERY much for posting all three batches of box miniatures. I am a PDF purchaser of all the SITS books through DriveThruRPG and plan to use them to get started learning SITS. I own Squadron Strike, so I am not stumped for the plastic pieces or dice or maps.

While I respect your plan to post box miniatures here in the forum, I really think that the quality of the box mini PDFs is fully appropriate to bundle with the products on DriveThruRPG. There are a lot of card stock miniatures and card stock models on DriveThruRPG and Wargame Vault, and I think your PDFs would meet the expectations of the customers there. Clear guidance on how to order printed box miniatures from your site would also be appropriate, if DriveThruRPG allows it under your agreement. On the other hand, I think the typical DriveThruRPG customer would think it very weird that the box miniatures are deliberately omitted from the products.

For my part, I plan to order more plastic pieces and all the box miniatures from your website in the near future, once I have more fully gotten into the game. And I am looking forward to purchasing the PDFS for Ship Book 3.

Thanks again for releasing these files. You rock! :D
djpeterso23662

Re: Box miniatures for Box Game

Postby TerriPray » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:43 pm

You're very welcome.

We can't, in our mind, charge people for these due to the quality that prints out on a home computer. The pdf has to be compressed for Drivethru which decreases the quality of the file - the last set we uploaded for another game was then compressed by Drivethru - it's not something we're willing to do.

To our mind the Honor Harrington fans deserve the highest quality we can provide, even with previously released products.
TerriPray

Return to SITS