Worlds of Honor

Information on the role playing game set in the Honorverse

Worlds of Honor

Postby cmdrpowers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:45 pm

It's been around a decade since the first playtests were performed using variations of Ken Burnsides' D6 Dramatic rules and yet no game ever appeared in print, due to a number of quite understandable reasons. It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Final Sword now holds a license for an Honorverse RPG and that the intention is to use the D6 Epic rules as the engine.

I purchased the PDF of D6 Epic last September and I've since skimmed the system to see how well it can be manipulated into an Honorverse game. As it turns out, Epic is similar enough to D6 Dramatic that the work done for that game will transfer easily to D6 Epic. We just have to get rid of that pesky magic system, add Treecats, impeller wedges, pulsers, and genetic engineering. Should be fun! Thank goodness there is so much material available (such as the Jaynes books) to bring potential players up to full speed. I'm already looking at how to fit the tech and weapons into the Epic engine. 8-)
cmdrpowers

Re: Worlds of Honor

Postby TerriPray » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Data Point: The contract has always been with Final Sword. *grins* Ad Astra was our imprint, which is one of the confusion points we've been clearing up.

We were also never shown any of the work done for a Worlds of Honor game (including never seeing a completed D6 Dramatic) - so, we're starting from scratch, and have to be very careful how we move forward with the project. We would love to produce a game, and hope that any stumbling blocks can be overcome in order to do such. That's partially what we will - hopefully - be doing at Honorcon.
TerriPray

Postby cmdrpowers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 pm

TerriPray wrote:Data Point: The contract has always been with Final Sword. *grins* Ad Astra was our imprint, which is one of the confusion points we've been clearing up.

We were also never shown any of the work done for a Worlds of Honor game (including never seeing a completed D6 Dramatic) - so, we're starting from scratch, and have to be very careful how we move forward with the project. We would love to produce a game, and hope that any stumbling blocks can be overcome in order to do such. That's partially what we will - hopefully - be doing at Honorcon.

OMG, you gotta be kidding me! I certainly had no idea. Hmmm...we'll talk about this.
cmdrpowers

Postby CarSteph » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:10 pm

TerriPray wrote: We would love to produce a game, and hope that any stumbling blocks can be overcome in order to do such. That's partially what we will - hopefully - be doing at Honorcon.

What kind of game are you going to produce? When will be the target date of releasing?
CarSteph

Postby TerriPray » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:16 pm

It will be a D6 system based game, we've got a good team working on it currently, and I'm reluctant to announce release dates until we have final files in hand. We'd rather have firm dates, and cover art to show with the announcement, than a 'maybe x, opps, sorry y... no we really meant...'

I can say the quick start rules are coming along wonderfully! We've got an avid team working on play tests and writing, and they are die hard Honor Harrington fans - so they know the setting very well indeed.

The reasons for D6 - multiple.
It's one of the easiest systems to convert out of for those who want to use another system.
It's extremely adaptable for media and literary licenses.
And the senior member of the business partners behind Final Sword Productions, was one of the original owners of West End Games.
TerriPray

Return to Honorverse RPG