Pegasus class liner

Questions, updates, free products for Saganami Island Tactical Simulator

Pegasus class liner

Postby petergold » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:56 pm

I picked up SITS Ship Book 2 from DriveThruRPG.
Question about some stats for the Pegasus class passenger liner.

The spec is 5,000 passengers and 95 crew. For a passenger liner I'd expect between 20% and 50% of the passenger count in crew for any starship that has run that is more than a day or overnight.

Also, what is considered coach, business and first class in terms of accommodation? I'd have expected 1st, 2nd, and steerage as terms rather than airplane terms.
petergold

Re: Pegasus class liner

Postby Phalanx » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:25 pm

petergold wrote:I picked up SITS Ship Book 2 from DriveThruRPG.
Question about some stats for the Pegasus class passenger liner.

The spec is 5,000 passengers and 95 crew. For a passenger liner I'd expect between 20% and 50% of the passenger count in crew for any starship that has run that is more than a day or overnight.

Also, what is considered coach, business and first class in terms of accommodation? I'd have expected 1st, 2nd, and steerage as terms rather than airplane terms.

Actually the SSD indicates:
100 Crew(50 Officers and 50 Enlisted)
5,000 Passengers
6 Cutters
2 Pinnances
1 Cargo Shuttles
4 Transport Shuttles

My own estimate has the following for crew numbers:
22(Deck Officers)+12(Security Officers)+10(Medical Officers)+6(Cruise Staff Department Heads and their assistants) =50
and
10(Techs)+15(Stewards)+15(Staff)+10(Small Craft Pilots)

Note: I am assuming that Cargo shuttle is used most of the time while the other Shuttles and Cutters are on a standby rotation, with only half being ready to go at any time. This means that 6 Small Craft are always ready to go at any time. The Pilots also are likely cross trained to be Small Craft techs.

More about Cruise Ship Positions Here: http://www.cruiselinesjobs.com/job-diaries/

Consider that some of the Passengers are likely subcontractors (more Techs, Cooks, Stewards, additional security, etc.). Also keep in mind that this is NOT a warship, so it has lower staffing requirements.

Subcontractors: 100-200 People

All Crew possibly work Flex Shifts in teams of around 5 minimum per shift.

Vendors:
If you have been on a cruise or to a convention you know where I am going with this one. They sign a contract to sublet shop space or a kiosk.

Estimate: 100-200 People. Assume most of the shops/kiosks are about the size of your typical mall store with no more than 3-4 people on duty at any one time. The exceptions are gyms, larger restaurants,etc.

That leaves over 4000 passengers who are paying customers. :D

Hope that helps.
Phalanx

Re: Pegasus class liner

Postby petergold » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:56 am

It's not a warship, so there are zero enlisted by definition. Maybe you mean unlicensed?

22 Deck officers? That's a huge number. I was figuring more like 10 deck officers, assuming two officers on watch at all times.

Non-crew subcontractors to run stores? I'm doubtful of that, but I'll ask a couple of folks in the cruise industry about that. I'd think that one of them would have mentioned that when I interviewed them.

15 stewards - I guess a very small first class that can get served at a table. no room service then.
petergold

Return to SITS